The North Cheshire Wind Orchestra is a community symphonic wind orchestra with around 40 members, based in Warrington.
We are a friendly community ensemble and attract players from across the North West. We enjoy playing a wide range of music with a focus on music written for the modern wind orchestra in the past 30 years. The NCWO is noted for its adventurous programming and has taken part in several commissioning projects.
The NCWO is also committed to working with local young musicians and will be running a Play-Day for young musicians on 25th February 2017. For more information about the Play-Day please email email@example.com.
The objectives of the North Cheshire Wind Orchestra are:
- To further the enjoyment of wind band music for members and the general public by performing regular concerts. The music performed at concerts should balance the preferences of members with the musical tastes of the public, whilst giving prominence to original compositions for wind band.
- To further musical education and appreciation within the local community including schools and youth groups.
- To recruit keen wind players and percussionists from the community and from further afield.
- To maintain and improve the playing and musicianship of members, and to perform wind band music to a high standard.
- To encourage the composition of original works for wind band through the commissions fund.
This short film introduces the NCWO and lets you experience one of our rehearsals. The film was kindly made by the Altrincham Video Society.